Just over five weeks ago, Digital Realty’s CTO, Chris Sharp, and Megaport’s CEO, Denver Maddux, stood on stage together at MarketplaceLIVE to announce that a new offering called Service Exchange would be hitting the market in November.
After much anticipation, we are pleased to announce that Service Exchange has officially launched today! Powered by Megaport, Digital Realty’s Service Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand, direct access to multiple clouds and networks, offering customers access through a single port that supports multiple virtual private connections to service providers and data centers.
Service Exchange will provide customers with:
· A secure, private cloud connection by avoiding the public internet
· Simple multi-cloud access - one connection to access many clouds
· Multiple locations to suit your requirements - whether a single cabinet or multiple megawatt deployment, connect to the cloud from more carrier-dense Internet gateways or more economical campus environments
· Connectivity beyond Digital Realty’s Ecosystem - connect to service providers and partners already on the Megaport fabric outside your home facility
· Highly available cloud access with redundant connectivity options
· On-demand bandwidth control by being able to rapidly provision connectivity to cloud services from anywhere at any time through the MarketplacePORTAL
For additional information, check out Chris Sharp’s blog post as well as the below overview video.